Sunday, December 18, 2005

20 Days and Counting - Sunday, December 18th

I went running today around my neighborhood. I had to de-stress from yesterday's hair nightmare. I actually had a very good run but I was pretty slow and I lost some stamina on the hills. I wish the Disney Half didn't have a time limit. I don't doubt that I'll finish, but due to my lack of consistent training, I'm afraid I may not finish in time. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Mental Note: No more winter races

I bought a wig today. It's pretty cute. I refuse to let anyone see my hair (not even Al) until I'm comfortable with it. Even then I don't think I'll go au natural at work until it grows in a little. I just want to avoid all the "What happened to you, Darth Vader" looks. I have to search for someone that can fix my hair and soon.

Al came over and we exchanged gifts. I got him a book on running a marathon, an alarm clock and I made him a T-Shirt, which I designed on the computer and printed out on transfer paper that irons onto the shirt. Grand total… I may have spent $45. Then this guy goes off and buys me a state of the art Heart Rate Monitor with Speed and Distance Tracker. This is a way cool Christmas gift. I can't wait to use it, but I know it was way more than the $45 I spent on the stuff I got him. Yes, it's the thought that counts, but I wasn't expecting him to spend so much on me. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again. He's so sweet. He didn't even question me when I told him why I didn't want him to see my hair. He's a great guy. I'm not worthy.

- See Ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home