Wednesday, December 21, 2005

17 Days and Counting - Wednesday, December 21st

Spoke with a girl at work who raved about her hairdresser. So, I called them and they said they were able to fix my hair. Good news: They were open until 9pm. Bad news: They were in Woodbridge. Woodbridge, VA is only 30 miles from where I work, but in rush hour traffic it might as well be in Richmond, VA because that's how long it took to get out there. Once I got there I wanted to cry again, because they told me my hair was too thin and too short for them to fix it. But they did say my wig fit me very well. Anyway, I figured out that this place was in the business of braiding with extensions. The thought of braiding my hair without extensions was foreign to them. Plus the girl that was suppose to do my hair was not even half way done with her current client, so even if they could do something they weren't able to do it today. So, Kudos to me for not screaming or crying after I spent almost 2 hours in traffic trying to get to this place then getting all my hopes up only to hear that they can't fix my hair and even if they could I'd have to come back tomorrow because they were behind with their clients. I think I've matured in this area. Instead of crying or throwing a fit, I made an appointment for 8am tomorrow morning knowing that I wasn't going to show up. If I could I would have made it for 7am and promised her a big tip if she's there on time.

After that I went to Roxane's house. She said my hair wasn't done right either and gave me the name of someone she knows that can braid my hair. After leaving Roxane's around 10pm, the stress of not getting my hair fixed wore off and I realized that I haven't eaten anything in the last 8 hours and I was starving. I went to the only place that was open at that hour - McDonald's. At this point I didn't care anymore. I ordered off the dollar menu and went home to watch the season finally of Nip/Tuck. Nip/Tuck is not a feel good show, but watching that last episode made me realize that I could have a lot more problems than just a crappy hair do.

- Until we meet again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home