Friday, December 30, 2005

8 Days and Counting - Friday, December 30th

No workout today. I went to work early and left early to get my hair fixed. Sa did a great job. She did my hair the way I wanted it. It's still kind of short, but I can deal with that. It's like me. Al thought it was cute. I was afraid that I looked like angry, politically feminist, black chick. Hopefully this means no more wigzilla. We'll see what happens at work on Tuesday.

There were always 2 things about me that I said if I could change I would and that was my weight and my hair. January 2005 I had a wake up call and made the commitment to finally lose weight and stick with it. In 2006 the focus is still on weight loss. I'm down to 161lbs. That's 45lbs less than what I weighed at this time last year. But I still need to lose 20-25 more pounds so that BMI chart will stop referring to me as overweight. However this year I'm also focusing on restoring health and fullness back to my hair. I've been hiding my real hair for years because it was so hard to manage, but I ended up making things worse. So, this year I want to get my hair back in shape as well.

- Ta Ta for Now

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard the song "I am not my hair" by India Arie? Your hair situation makes me think of it. :-) You are definitely not your hair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home