Monday, April 18, 2005

This Week's Workout (4/11/05 - 4/17/05)

Well another week has gone by. I did better this week in terms of working out and eating better. I made it to the gym on 4 consecutive days and worked out on 3 of those days. But I was really bad about journaling, which is where you write down everything you eat and assign it a point value. So, this week I'm really going to get back on track. All the little things that were causing me to get side tracked are not in the picture anymore. Like the stress of starting classes, making time to get my hair done and finishing my taxes are all out of the way now.

Monday, April 11, 2005
Workout - None

I went to the gym and when I got there I realized I left my gym clothes at home. But I wasn't too upset about it. I needed to schedule an evening to finish up my taxes, so Monday was it.

Tuesday, April 12th, 2005
Workout - Really Bad

I went to the gym to do some running. Although I wasn't in pain or tired, I just couldn't get into running. So I did a fast uphill walk for 30 minutes. Then I did some strength training and some ab work. But I didn't feel like I was getting a workout. It was like I was just going through the motions. So, I really didn't get much out of my time in the gym. Afterwards I went to my book club meeting and ate all sorts of deserts. This is probably why I didn't do much journaling this week.

Wednesday, April 13th, 2005
Workout - OK

I went to Ronya's step class. She's back to recycling her old routines and here's a new problem - I'm able to get through her entire class without having to push myself. Like I've gotten to the point where her workout isn't a workout anymore. I may have to add a riser or something. We'll see.

Thursday, April 14th, 2005
Workout - OK

After my weigh in (I only lost .4 lbs this week) I went running again. I only ran 3.8 miles in 50 minutes. I ran into Max again. He said I must have been tired. He's probably right. I guess everyday can't be a milestone. I'm ready to go for an outside run. So I printed out some 10K courses around DC. I may try one next Saturday.

Friday, April 15th, 2005
Workout - None

I went home to untwist my hair so I can get it retwisted on Saturday.

Saturday, April 16th, 2005
Workout- None

I went to the hairdresser and got my hair retwisted and recurled. Then I went home to study. I hadn't done any studying or homework all week.

Sunday, April 17th, 2005
Workout - None

I went shopping. By the time I got home there wasn't much time to get in a good workout before the gym closed. So, I stayed home, did my laundry, did some more studying and finished my assignments for class.

This it for this week. I'm looking at my calendar and it looks like June 13-27 will be the best time to do a 10K. Now that the weather is better I can do more road work. So, I think I should be ready by June. Plus I'm not in class at that time. I may even go on a vacation or something. I was thinking it would be fun to go away to the beach or something and do a race while I'm out of town. I have a free Round Trip ticket on United for any domestic flight that expires on June 30th. So, my plan is to be registered for something by the end of this month.

Later All

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home