Sunday, April 24, 2005

This Week's Workout (4/18/05 - 4/24/05)

This week has been really great a lot of good news below. Including the ultimate news.... I've finally signed up for a race!!!

Monday, April 18, 2005
Workout - Good

I went to Ronya's step class hoping that she had a new routine, which she did. It was OK. I managed to get a decent workout by doing more of the propulsion moves and jumping jacks.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005
Workout - None

I had to deliver some stuff to a friend who was preparing for a party this weekend. After that I came home and did some studying.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Workout - Great

I checked out this new club in Georgetown. It was a health club. Seven years ago that statement would have had an entirely different meaning. The gym network I'm in just opened a new club in Georgetown, so I had to check it out. Everything was top of the line and state of art. While I was there, I ran/walked about 3.25 miles in 45 minutes. I had a really good workout.

Thursday, April 21, 2005
Workout - None

That's because I had to stay for my WW meeting to get my 10% award!!!! Yeah!!!! The 10% award is given to members when they've lost 10% of the weight that they started with. I've lost 20.8lbs! The award is a key chain. I was very pleased with my accomplishment. Now I feel like I can accomplish anything. My next goal is to reach 175lbs.

Friday, April 22, 2005
Workout - Great

I went to Johnny's step class in Dupont Circle. I was looking forward to this class all week and he didn't disappoint. His class is still the toughest most fun workout you can have on a step. Because I'm in better condition now, I was able to stay w/ him for most of the class. But I'm still struggling w/ steps like the "Four knee hop turn" and "Ball Chain on Top -Mambo -Chasez -Double Knee".

Saturday, April 23, 2005
Workout - None

I went to my friend's party/cookoff where my signature rum cake won the prize for best desert. Actually it was the olny desert, but a prize is a prize.

Sunday, April 24, 2005
Workout - None

I finally cleaned out the roommate suite. Then went recycling, did a little shopping, then I went to a play called "Defending the Caveman". It was OK. All jokes about the difference between men and women most of which I've heard before. So, it wasn't incredibly funny to me.


Now the announcement that you've all been waiting for..... I have officially registered for a race. No it's not a 10K and it's not a 5K.

I am officially registered for the 2006 Disney World Half Marathon!!!
The marathon takes place in Orlando, Fl on January 7th. Now this may sound ambitious, but I'm really starting to get into running. I'm at the point where I'm looking forward to running. I've even been reading running magazines and that's where I found out about the Disney Half Marathon. I am a huge Disney fan and when I saw the medalion that you get for finishing, I knew this was my race. I plan to train w/ this organization called DC Fit. They have a 26-week program that prepares people for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. I figure if I train for a marathon then I can deffinately do a half marathon. After the program is over in October, I may consider getting a personal trainer to help me in the last 3 months leading up to the race. I'm really excited about this. My friends Dan and Richie said that they'll join me in Florida to cheer me on. So, now I'm really psyched. Wish me luck.

Gotta Run Guys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home