Monday, May 02, 2005

This Week's Workout (4/25/05 - 5/1/05)

Monday, April 25th, 2005
Workout - Good

I attended Ronya's Step Class. I like her class because it let's me start off the week with a good workout that's simple.

Tuesday, April 26th, 2005
Workout - Great

I went back to the new club in Georgetown, because I decided it was time for me to start running outside. (Plus I was planning on running w/ Vijay on Thursday and I wanted to know if I improved any since the last time I ran outdoors.) I went running along the C&O Canal in Georgetown. It was great!!!! The trail was flat and shaded. It wasn't crowded. The scenery was beautiful. I don't know how far or how long I ran, but I think I got pretty far. I turned back once it started getting dark. The next time I go out there I'll try to get an earlier start and leave my iPod behind to focus on my running.

Wednesday, April 27th, 2005
Workout - None

I decided to do some shopping then wiegh in at WW. I was down 1.2lbs for a total weight loss of 21.4lbs!! Yeah!!

Thursday, April 28th, 2005
Workout - Great

I went running with Vijay (the triathlete and former coach of the Vagas). We ran around his neighborood for about 45-50 minutes in 1 minute run/walk intervals. It was a good workout especially when we got to the hill. Good News: I am deffinately on my way to doing more running outside. No Shin Splints!!! Bad News: I caught a cold from running outdoors. Sniff - sniff - cough - cough.

Friday, April 29th, 2005
Workout - Great

I was a littled bummed because today was my manager's last day. So I went shopping during lunch. That cheered my up a little because I fit into clothes that would have been too tight 4 months ago. But then I still needed to go to Johnny's step class to make me feel better. Shopping and working out helped cure my blues.

Saturday, April 30th, 2005
Workout - None

I spent the day at my mom's. Mostly inside studying, because it rained for the greater part of the day. I also spent most of the day eating. I tend to eat when I'm bored or studying.

Sunday, May 1st, 2005
Workout - OK

My church is sponsoring a team for the Race for the Cure in June, so I signed up for the 5K race. Go figure me in a church sponsored activity, but at least I don't have to pay the entrance fee. After that I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio on the recumbant bike and a lot of strength training. I also binged on a bunch of food Sunday night while watching TV and finishing an assignment for class. I'll get back to journaling on Monday.

On Friday night I had a dream about running. It had to do with my first day at DCFit, I think. I was trying to join the Orange group which is for slow runners (14+ min/mile) then some girl, who I didn't know, but she knew me, pulled me into the faster group (12 - 14 min/mile) and we took off running (she ran, I jogged). We somehow lost the trail and started to walk down a steep cliff. We were able to pull ourselves back up, but my overall time was messed up because we got back so late. I'm hoping to get out and run again at least once in the upcoming week. The DCFit training program starts next Saturday. Apparently they do time trials during the first session then place you into the appropriate group. I want to do well and not end up in the group for race walkers or the group that runs off cliffs.

- Ta Ta For Now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home