Monday, May 09, 2005

This Week's Workout (5/2/05 - 5/8/05)

Well another week has gone by. I'm not too pleased with my performance this week because I was a little under the weather and not much in the mood for running or journaling. It was also the week of mid-terms. So, I focused on studying and took it easy this week.

Monday, May 2nd, 2005
Workout - Good

I attended Ronya's step class. To my disappointment she was recycling the same routine from the previous week. Yawn. But it was still a good workout.

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005
Workout - None

I'm pretty sure I didn't workout on Tuesday because I can't remember where I went or what I did. I have been under the weather since last Thursday. So I probably went home and did some studying, drank some tea and went to bed.

Wednesday, May 4th, 2005
Workout - Great

I ran/walked 4.0 miles in 55 minutes!!!

I woke up feeling really crappy. I believe I had an upper respiratory infection. My nose and throat were dry and I had these terrible coughing fits. So I skipped work, took some Nyquil and went back to sleep. When I woke up I had to study and I completed one of my mid-terms. I was feeling better by the end of the day so I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. I had a really good run which was motivated by the fact that there was this really cute guy running on the treadmill next to mine. So I was sort of showing off too. Who says running indoors is a lonely activity?

After that I weighed in at WW and I was .8lbs shy of my 25lb star!! I'm hoping to get it next week.

Thursday, May 5th, 2005
Workout - None

Once again I decided that I needed to take time to rest and recuperate instead of stressing myself out. I decided to go straight home and then I realized that I had a few errands to run. So, no workout.

Friday, May 6th, 2005
Workout - None

I almost went to Johhny's step class, but a late evening outage here at work put an end to that dream. Plus tomorrow I start DCFit and I didn't want to be too tired. I don't think it would have made a difference, but who knows.

Saturday, May 7th, 2005
Workout - Good

It was the first day of DCFit Marathon Training. We started the morning promptly at 8:30am. After several orientation speeches we headed out for our 2 mile time trial. I ran pretty well, but I could have run better if I wasn't still sick. Because I was breathing heavy, my entire mouth dried out. I literally couldn't feel my tongue. Plus my nose was running faster than I was. I need to remember to bring tissues w/ me when I run. But other than that I wasn't tired and didn't experience any pain. However my breathing was really off. I was huffing and puffing like I've been running for hours. I need to work on that. Anyway my total time for 2 miles was 26:32 a little over a 13 minute mile, which put me solidly in the Red group (12-14 min/mile). I think the program and all the people I met will be a big help as I'm training. I think I set my sites low by selecting the half marathon in January, because all the people I met are running their first full marathon in October. But I believe in the philosophy of Baby Steps. Baby Step - Run on Treadmill, Baby Step - Run Outside, Baby Step - Run 5K, etc., etc.

Sunday, May 8th, 2005 - Happy Mother's Day!!!
Workout - None

Spent the rest of the weekend w/ my mom for Mother's Day. I was also cramming for Book Club which is next Tuesday. The book is pretty good. I really want to finish it before we meet. I might have to read during work. which isn't too hard to do.

Speaking of work....
Another one bites the dust. In the last 2 months my little project has lost a Project Manager, a Manager and a Unix Admin. I don't know why I'm hanging in here, but I want to see how the new guy runs things before I try to bail. I'm half searching for a new job and half procrastinating, because I like it here, but our mission is so vague. I'm growing tired of being on projects that really don't have a strong vision or (sad to say) purpose.

Speaking of races I'm registered for (and planning to register for) the following...
6/4/06 - Race for the Cure 5K
9/11/05 - Fair Lakes 8K
1/7/06 - Disney World Half Marathon

Hasta La Vista Baby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home