Monday, May 16, 2005

This Week's Workout (5/9/05 - 5/15/05)

This past week was a mess. I hardly had any time to workout and staying within my points was also not on my schedule. It seems like whenever I had a bad week of training, I had a great week of socializing which leads to eating. So here it is...

Monday, May 9th, 2005
Workout - Super

It was a nice day so I went down to Gravelly Point and ran 2 miles to the Memorial Bridge and back. I totalled about 4.0 miles within an hour using 2/1 intervals (2-minute run/ 1-minute walk). I kept track of the intervals using this really cool sports watch that I got from Gotta Run Running Shop. I like it because it's pink. I felt pretty good about my run, no pain or unusual fatigue. I even ran up some short hills. I'm definitely going to return to this course next Monday.

Tuesday, May 10th, 2005
Workout - None

Tonight was book club night. So I didn't have time to go workout. My eating wasn't so bad. But I did indulge in some wine and puff pastries.

Wednesday, May 11th, 2005
Workout - None

My hair was way overdue for a touch up. So I made a visit to my hairdresser. Afterwards I went to a friends house for a Mexican-style dinner party, but I wasn't very hungry. Plus I brought over a few leftovers from the previous night's book club meeting.

Thursday, May 12th, 2005
Workout - None

No! No! Not another party! That's right on Thursday I attended a surprise party for a friend of mine. It was at a seafood restaurant. She was definitely surprised and I had a nice time catching up with everyone.

Friday, May 13th, 2005
Workout - OK

Eventhough I had yet another social event to attend that evening, I managed to race through unusually bad traffic to get to Ultimate Step class that evening. There was another woman teaching the class and I missed the very beginning of the routine. I kept up pretty well, but I bailed before class finished, because I had to get dressed to meet my friend and I really needed to pee.

Saturday, May 14th, 2005
Workout - Fantastic

Although I got home around midnight, I managed to get like 5 and a half hours of sleep before getting up to run w/ DCFit that morning. I was worried because I didn't train much during the week and I didn't get much sleep the night before, but my performance was really good. We ran 4.0 miles in 4/1 intervals from the Pentagon, twice around Iwo Jima and back. I managed to keep up w/ the coaches who were pretty cool. They chatted with me, cheered on other runners and told jokes while we ran. My overall time was 54:36. I need to do better if I'm going to complete a Half Marathon in under 3 hours, but I have time. This group is a really good motivator for me. I think I excel at things whenever I have to demonstrate my progress on a weekly basis. Kind of like Weight Watchers.

BTW, Due to scheduling conflicts, I didn't have time to weigh in this week. Plus I fear that I would have gone up anyway due to lack of journaling.

Sunday, May 15th, 2005
Workout - None

I took it easy on Sunday. Went shopping, did some studying and finished my laundry. Ahhhh, Sunday.

For Next week....
So, far I only have one social event planned for Wednesday. I'm hoping to stick to the following schedule.
5/16 - Run 5.0 miles
5/17 - Spin/ Strength Training
5/18 - Speed Date (Wish me Luck)
5/19 - Run 4.0 - 5.0 miles
5/20 - Ultimate Step Class
5/21 - DCFit Training
5/22 - Rest. Ahhh, Sunday

Races that I'm registered for or planning to register for....
6/4 - Race for the Cure 5K (Registered)
9/11 - Fairlakes 8K (Planning. I have the form sitting in front of me. Need to send it in.)
9/24 - Quantico Half Marathon (DCFit is participating in this race, so I'm considering it.)
10/2 - Army 10 Miler (Maybe. It's another DCFit participation event, but the overall turnout for this race will be massive. Can you say stampede.)
10/16 - Oy Vay 10K (This may be my last chance to fulfill my New Year's Resolution of running in a 10K.)
10/23 - Winchester Half Marathon (A DCFit participation event for those not running in the Marine Corp Marathon the following week.)
10/30 - Marine Corps 8K (Although it's not the Marathon, I'm thinking of doing this fund-raiser in order to participate in the 8K.)
And the big one...
1/7 - Walt Disney World Half Marathon (Registered)

Well, that about sums it up for this week.

- Catch you on the flip side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home