Thursday, June 09, 2005

This Week's Workout (5/30/05 - 6/5/05)

This week was a good week for working out and ended with my triumphant entry into the world of road races. I'm still not back to journaling like I should be, but I think I'm burning more calories than I'm eating most of the time. So here it is...

Monday, May 30, 2005 - Happy Memorial Day!!!
Workout - None

I didn't workout today. I didn't even attend any Memorial Day celebrations. Instead I stayed home did some housework that was long overdue. Including fixing the cabinet door, repotting my plants, putting out the recycling, going through all the mail that's been piling up, etc. So, it was a personal workday.

Tuesday, May 31st, 2005
Workout - Great

I went running on the Crescent Trail. I ran the usual route from Georgetown Park Mall to Fletcher's Boathouse and back. I'm thinking this is somewhere between 4 and 5 miles, because my overall time was 1 hour and 3 minutes. I can usually run 4 miles in 45-50 minutes. Maybe one day I'll purchase on of those GPS thingies to get the exact distance.

Wednesday, June 1st, 2005
Workout - OK

I attended Ronya's step class. It was OK. No problems keeping up w/ the class. It's a pretty moderate workout for me at this point. No news here.

Thursday, June 2nd, 2005
Workout - None

I had to go weigh-in. I've been failing to do so on a regular basis. So I made an appearance tonight and stayed for the meeting to get my "25 Pound Loser Star"!! I was down another 1.2lbs for a total weight loss of 27.6lbs!! Yeah!! I'm starting to get compliments.

Friday, June 3rd, 2005
Workout - Really Good

Since nothing was going on at work I left early to go to step class. Now all this time I've been thinking that our instructor's name was Johnny. Well, while I was waiting for class to start I looked at the schedule and his name is spelled... get this... Giahani or something pretentious like that. Which actually fits him pretty well. Unfortunately, he wasn't teaching tonight and his equally flamboyant counterpart (who looks like a cuter, younger Ryan Saecrest) "stepped" in for him (pun intended).

Saturday, June 4th, 2005 - The Race for the Cure!!
Workout - Pretty Good

For my first race I don't think I did too bad although I could have done better. According to my stopwatch I ran 5K in 39:34, but the official time was 40:39. With the tons of people there I didn't actually start running until almost 2 minutes after the official start. I will post a link to the full story of my first road race in another post when I get a chance to do so.

Sunday, June 5th, 2005
Workout - None

I had to study for class and turn in an assignment for school, so no workout.

For next week...
Since it's already Thursday I can be honest about my schedule for next week. It'll be a very social week for me.

5/6 - Slim-In-Six Video Workout (Thunderstorms drove me indoors)
5/7 - Hosting Tea Party II at my place
5/8 - I can't believe I have a date!!!
5/7 - Run 4.0 - 5.0 treadmill (It looks like rain again)
5/8 - Farewell/ Birthday Dinner for Doug and Dan
5/8 - DC Fit 8.0 miles. Wish me luck.
5/9 - Leaving for Beach Week!!

Races I'm Registered (or Planning to Register) for...
6/4 - National Race for the Cure (Registered.)
9/11 - Fairlakes 8K (Registered.)
9/24 - Quantico Half (Maybe. Still deciding on this one.)
10/2 - Army 10 Miler (aka ATM. Registered. My chance to redeem myself with the The Vagas.)
10/30 - Marine Corps 8K (I called the guy about fund raising and he said there's nothing formal like they have for the MCM. So, out of laziness I decide not to go the fund raising route. But I may still run it for fun.)

And the big one...
1/7 - Walt Disney World Half Marathon (Registered.)

That about sums it up for this week. Stay tuned for next when our heroine runs her first 8.0 miles.

- See Ya. Gotta Run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home