Saturday, June 18, 2005

This Week's Workout (6/6/05 - 6/12/05)

Well, I had an OK week. I didn't do much running, but I got in enough to stay in shape for the long run on Saturday. As for eating, things have gone from bad to worse. I didn't do any journaling and I ate whatever whenever. So, without further adieu…

Monday, June 6th, 2005
Workout - Good

Because of the weather and the fact that the gym was closed due to a power outage, I went home and did the Slim-In-Six 'Burn-It-Up' workout. It's a very good workout, but it's sooooo boring. If anyone can do that workout six days a week for six weeks straight then they deserve to lose weight.

Tuesday, June 7th, 2005
Workout - None

I invited my friends over for Tea Party II (aka TP2 or T2). I hosted the first one on a fluke because Max wanted to get everyone together. Then I expanded the guest list for the second one since my table can seat 6 and Max agreed to cook. Tricia agreed to host the third one sometime this summer.

Wine Shop

Pictured from left to right: Tricia, Ondrea, "Fuzzy" Bill, Max and Christian.
Not Pictured: Me, because I was the one taking the picture.

Wednesday, June 8th, 2005
Workout - None

I went on a date tonight. The conversation was great. We had a nice time. But I haven't heard from him since. Oh well, I'm too indifferent to start forming a relationship. If a guy doesn't call or write, I'll live.

Thursday, June 9th, 2005
Workout – Great

I had to get some running in this week if there was any hope of me being able to run on Saturday. So, I went to the gym and did a tempo run on the treadmill. I did very well at a 4.7 minute mile. I ran 3.1 miles (w/o stopping) in about 40 minutes. My typical 5K pace.

Friday, June 10th, 2005
Workout - None

This is the normal recovery day before the long run on Saturday, so I left work early. Yippee!!!! My last day!!!! I went home and completed one of 2 finals online then went to dinner to celebrate the birthday of one of my coolest friends in the whole wide world, Doug. After dinner I went home did stuff inside the house to get ready for my beach trip.

Saturday, June 11th, 2005
Workout – Great
Today we ran 8 miles! I've never ran eight miles before in my life. It wasn't so bad. I think it would have been better if it wasn't so hot. People in my group were fading in the sun. I, on the other hand, broke from the pack and finished ahead of them for the first time. But the heat made it a pretty brutal run. Afterwards I went home to take the second of 2 finals and get ready for the beach. BTW, I aced both classes.

Sunday, June 12th, 2005
Workout – None

I’m on my way to the beach!!

BTW, I didn't make it to Weight Watchers again, but I'm sure I would have been up.

For Next Week…
Since it's Saturday I can be honest about this schedule.

6/13 – Run 5.0 miles
6/14 – Run 4.0 miles
6/15 – Rest
6/16 – Run 3.0 miles
6/17 – Rest
6/18 – DCFit Run 9.0 miles
6/19 – Rest

Races I'm Registered (or Planning to Register) for...
9/11 - Fairlakes 8K (Registered.)
9/24 - Quantico Half (Maybe. Still deciding on this one.)
10/2 - Army 10 Miler (aka ATM. Registered. My chance to redeem myself with the The Vagas.)
10/30 - Marine Corps 8K (I'm not registered, yet. I'm deciding between running and volunteering.)

And the big one...
1/7 - Walt Disney World Half Marathon (Registered.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home